Post-Baccalaureate Certificate In Gerontology
The fully online Post-Baccalaureate Certificate (P.B.C.) in Gerontology equips students with the knowledge and skills to work with the growing population of older adults in the 21st century. The program is designed to meet the needs of individuals who would like to increase or formalize their knowledge related to aging.
The certificate is ideal for individuals who aspire to become gerontological specialists within their primary field such as social workers, health educators, recreational therapists, personal trainers, and more.
The P.B.C is available to:
• Graduate students already enrolled in a degree program at UNC Greensboro
• Certificate seeking students who hold a Bachelor’s or advanced degree
The Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Gerontology is fully online and asynchronous, making it an ideal program for working professionals and students living at a distance.
- Fully online
- The Gerontology program at UNCG has been named one of Today’s Best for Online Learning in Gerontology by EduMed.org (2021), Best Online Master’s in Gerontology by Intelligent.com (2022), and Best Masters in Gerontology by onlineschoolsreport.com (2020).
THE STUDENT EXPERIENCE
- Students must complete 12 credit hours, consisting of three core courses and one elective.
- Students in the program come from a variety of academic backgrounds. Graduates pursue careers based on their interests and can specialize through elective options offered by the program or across campus and the state.
- In as little as one year, individuals can improve their resumes and differentiate themselves from their competitors.
- Current graduate students with an interest in aging can receive specialized training in Gerontology while concurrently obtaining their degree.
After graduation, students can expect to find career opportunities in the following:
- Community, human services, and religious organizations
- Health care and long-term care institutions
- Federal, state, and local government agencies
- Retirement communities
- Professional organizations
- Business and industry
- Academic and other education and research settings
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Official transcripts
- Written professional statement/statement of purpose
- Video personal statement
- No GRE or entrance exam required
- TOEFL/IELTS for non-native English speakers